2-3-17 EXECUTIVE ORDERS
Dodd-Frank was implemented in response to the 2008 financial crisis. The republicans either have as short memory, or they just want to suck up to the Wall Street banks as much as possible. Today Trump signed several directives that do NOT bode well for our future:
- First, he signed a broad directive calling for his administration to identify potential changes the Dodd-Frank Act
- The second order is to temporarily halt and eventually overhaul a Labor Department rule that requires brokers to act in a client’s best interest, rather than seek the highest profits for themselves, when providing retirement advice.
- The next item was to direct the Department of Labor to delay for at least 180 days implementing the parts of the regulation that are not yet in effect. Ultimately, he authorized the labor department to rescind or revise the Dodd-Frank rule.
- Then, immediately afterwards, the Senate voted to void a Dodd-Frank provision which requires oil companies to publicly disclose payments they make to governments when developing resources around the world. It was intended to expose bribes and corruption, which apparently under Trump is no longer a concern.
MORE LIES, OBFUSCATIONS, AND TROUBLING TRENDS:
- Lies: Unemployment rate. The Labor Department says it’s 4.8%, Trump says its more than 40%, but refuses to give his data source, just that he doesn’t trust government data. It’s only 40% if you count all the teenagers and retired people not looking for work.
- More Lies: His advisor made claims about the ‘Bowling Green Massacre‘, which of course NEVER HAPPENED.
- And yet MORE Lies: Trump’s White House has maintained only a hundred or so people were effected by the Immigration Ban. Today the government revealed 100,000 people had their visa’s revoked. Guess he forgot the extra three zeros.
- Obfuscations and deceit about the French and Canadian Terrorist attacks: The French one was by an Egyptian (so much for our Ban on immigration from 7 Muslim countries, NOT counting Egypt). And to top it off, Trump has been totally quiet on the Quebec attack, apparently because it ended up being done by a white guy. However, our Twittering President was all over the French attack, ’cause it was by a Muslim.