These are not policy issues, so they will be listed on this page.
- Trump’s Sr. Advisor told the media they were not lying about Inauguration Day attendee numbers, they just provided “alternative facts”
- Trump had paid staffers in the back of his first press conference to cheer and jeer at appropriate times. This was not obvious to the public
- Trump had more paid staffers at this speech at the CIA doing the same.
- Trump met with Congressional leaders reiterating his claim that “millions of unauthorized immigrants had robbed him of a popular vote majority”. This claim has been judged untrue by multiple fact checkers.
- Told a group of business leaders today he was a “very big person” on the environment who has “received awards on the environment.” This is factually untrue and unsubstantiated.
- In the on-going war between Trump and the Media his Strategist, Steve Bannon said today “The media here is the opposition party. They don’t understand this country“. This, in a rare interview that wasn’t to Breitbart, is primary mouthpiece. This media war can NOT be good for America.
- From Politico: Trump on Saturday railed against the New York Times and the Washington Post on Twitter, continuing his longstanding assault on media outlets. He labeled the Times as “fake news,” and said that it and the Washington Post’s coverage of Trump has been “so false and angry.” OK, I may not agree with everything the NYTimes does, but calling them “fake news” is insane.
- Lies: Unemployment rate. The Labor Department says it’s 4.8%, Trump says its more than 40%, but refuses to give his data source, just that he doesn’t trust government data. It’s only 40% if you count all the teenagers and retired people not looking for work.
- More Lies: His advisor made claims about the ‘Bowling Green Massacre‘, which of course NEVER HAPPENED.
- And yet MORE Lies: Trump’s White House has maintained only a hundred or so people were effected by the Immigration Ban. Today the government revealed 100,000 people had their visa’s revoked. Guess he forgot the extra three zeros.
- Obfuscations and deceit about the French and Canadian Terrorist attacks: The French one was by an Egyptian (so much for our Ban on immigration from 7 Muslim countries, NOT counting Egypt). And to top it off, Trump has been totally quiet on the Quebec attack, apparently because it ended up being done by a white guy. However, our Twittering President was all over the French attack, ’cause it was by a Muslim.
- Falling into the a sub-category “Conflicts of Interest”, it appears Trump Inc hasn’t wasted much time to continue financially benefiting from having Dad in the White House. So how is it in America’s financial interest to pay for a luxury trip for Eric to screw around in Uruguay?
- Trump attacked a Federal Judge, who’s doing his job and working within the Constitution by putting a halt on the Travel Ban today, when he Tweeted immediately after the ruling, “…this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned…”. Apparently Trump does not understand how the separation of the branches of government in this country works, and either does not understand the Constitution or doesn’t care. It must really piss him off that he can’t simply fire the judge.
- A quick summary of how Team Trump is hiding stuff from the American People, the Media, and even other parts of the government:
- Still nothing about his tax returns saying the American people don’t care, when in fact survey after survey says they do
- Shared almost no information on the details and implementation plan for the Immigration Ban order
- Rescinded an Obama order that required the posting of names of staffers who had an exemption from Ethics Requirements rules
- days after taking office, some government agencies were directed to stop using social media channels.
- changed or dropped web pages, even those conveying scientific information
- avoiding traditional media outlets to talk to the people via Twitter where lies and exaggerations will not be screened
2-6-17 He continues to just make shit up…
- If you criticize, then YOU MUST be lying: Trump is maintaining that if any polls are negative against him, then they must be fake news stories. I guess this logic suggests that it’s inconceivable for a majority of Americans to disagree with ANYTHING he does.
- And if the news isn’t fake, then it’s being covered up: President Trump on Monday said that news outlets are covering up terrorist attacks without citing any evidence that supports that claim.